Thursday, June 27, 2019

MOLE : EXERCISES


Q1 :
Monosodium glutamate (MSG, NaC5H8NO4) is a flavor enhancer. How many moles of each element in MSG are present in 1.00 gram of MSG?


Q2 :
A sample of ammonia, NH3, weighs 30.0 g. Calculate the following quantities:
a) moles of NH3           
b) number of NH3 molecules
c) number of N atoms   
d) number H atoms


Q2 : 
I have 400.00 grams of water in a beaker.
a) What is the molar mass of water?
b) How many MOLES of water do I have in the beaker?
c) How many MOLES of hydrogen atoms do I have in the beaker?
d) How many MOLES of oxygen atoms do I have in the beaker?
e) If all of my hydrogen atoms were converted to hydrogen molecules (H2), how many MOLES of hydrogen molecules would I have?
f) If all of my oxygen atoms were converted to oxygen molecules (O2), how MOLES of hydrogen molecules would I have?
g) How many MOLECULES of water do I have in the beaker?

Q3: 
A sample of sodium carbonate weights 15.0 grams. Calculate the following quantities:
a) moles of sodium carbonate  
b) number of molecules sodium carbonate
c) moles of sodium ions           
d) number of sodium ions
e) moles of carbonate ions
f) number of carbonate ion


Q4: 
Which compound contains the most nitrogen atoms in a 25.0 gram sample? Is it ammonium chloride, ammonia, nitrogen dioxide, or dinitrogen trioxide?



No comments:

Post a Comment